SMA provides customers an open account based on individual creditworthiness. Any open account with a balance over 45 days past due will be placed on credit hold until the balance is paid current. Accounts over 120 days past due will be closed and turned over to collections. When placing an order, kindly provide your account number to ensure your shipment is being billed and shipped to the correct location - preventing possible delays or errors. Your account number can be obtained from www.smalink.com
or by calling Customer Service at 877.55.GO.SMA.
Applicable payment terms are located in the header of the invoice associated with each shipment. All invoices not paid by the due date will be assessed applicable finance charges. SMA will not process C.O.D shipments.
Invoices are priced according to the published customer price in effect at time of order
. For the most accurate pricing, please see our website at www.smalink.com
. Due to market conditions, published pricing is subject to change without notice.
All shipments are FOB SMA Distribution Center. Prepaid Minimums (Continental US Only): Beginning February 1st, 2019, for customers that place a qualifying preseason order, SMA will prepay shipping on original orders of $400 or more that ship via package/parcel service in no more than three standard packages with a combined weight of 150lbs or less (including packaging). Oversize or overweight packages do not qualify for prepaid package service and are subject to standard LTL minimums. LTL shipments are prepaid for orders of $1200 or more. SMA reserves the right to choose the carrier for all prepaid shipments. Drop Shipments:
All direct or special orders from the factory will be shipped from the manufacturer on the same freight terms as the SMA order. International Shipments:
All international shipments, and shipments to AK/HI, are not eligible for prepaid minimums and will be billed to the order. Special Services:
Any special services (Next Day, Two Day, Priority) are not eligible for Prepaid Freight and will be billed to the SMA Customer. Freight Claims:
Shipments made by SMA are in good order when signed and accepted by the carrier. It is the SMA customer’s responsibility to examine incoming freight for damage or shortages and note any issues on the shipping documents. Both the number of handling units and piece counts are the responsibility of the customer. SMA will gladly assist with any associated freight claims that are PROPERLY NOTED ON THE BILL OF LADING at time of delivery. Concealed Damage:
The carrier must be notified immediately to perform inspections and file freight claims. SMA cannot issue credit on any shortage without a signed bill of lading. Shortages/Overages:
SMA makes every attempt to correctly fill orders, however, any shortages or overages must be reported to SMA within 10 business days of receipt of goods.
A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Acknowledgement number must be obtained prior to returning any items to SMA. SMA only considers items for return if purchased within the preceding 12 months. Items considered non-stock, special order, discontinued, or closeout are non-returnable. SMA does not accept annual or closeout returns. A 20% restocking fee will be assessed for all items, unless:
- The product is defective as noted in the published SMA Warranty policy.
- The item was ordered in error and a replacement order for correct product is placed within 30 days of the original order. The replacement order must be entered prior to RMA Acknowledgement.
To obtain an RMA number, please call our Customer Service Team at 877.55.GO.SMA or fax your RMA request to 800.245.4878 with the information below. RMA’s are effective for 60 days from date of issuance. All RMA Requests Must Include:
- SMA Customer’s name and account number.
- An itemized listing of all goods to be returned.
- A detailed reason for the return (damaged, defective, etc.)
- Original SMA invoice number on which the items were purchased.
- A return fax or email address to send the approved RMA Acknowledgement.
Returning Goods to SMA:
- Items should be sufficiently packaged and shipped PREPAID to the address provided on the RMA Acknowledgement.
- All items must be returned in original standard pack quantities. Credit will not be given for partial rolls, bags, boxes, or cases of products.
- Items must be in new, saleable condition and free of any markings or price labels upon arrival at the SMA distribution center. Credit will not be given for worn packaging or damaged items.
- A copy of the RMA Acknowledgement must be included with the shipment.
- The RMA Acknowledgement number should be clearly marked on the packaging.
Receipt and Credit of Goods at SMA:
- Upon arrival SMA will inspect the condition of all returned goods.
- Any items not listed on the RMA, received in unsaleable condition, or below standard pack guidelines will be scrapped and credit for those items forfeited.
- Upon inspection, approved items will have credit applied to the Customer’s open account.
- RMA Acknowledgements cannot be deducted as payment until the goods are returned, inspected, and approved.
SMA warrants all parts to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for 1-year from the date of shipment to the end user. All other product is subject to the manufacturer's warranty. This warranty is limited to repair or replacement of defective parts if returned to SMA under prescribed policy. The provisions of this warranty shall apply to any part/product properly installed, maintained, and operated under normal conditions but shall be void if part/product has been subject to misuse, neglect, or accident or if used for a purpose for which part/product is not designed, or which shall have been altered in any way so as to adversely affect its performance and reliability in the judgment of SMA. SMA shall in no way be liable for any consequential or incidental damages from breach of any warranty, failure of delivery, or delivery in non-conforming condition. Goods sold but manufactured by other than SMA are warranted only to the extent of the original manufacturer’s warranties, and SMA shall have no additional obligation with respect to any claims arising as a result of any such warranties. Any action resulting from the breach of any warranty contained herein by SMA must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause of action is accrued. SMA’s total liability for any or all warranty breaches is limited to the purchase price of the SMA parts. THE SMA WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND NO ONE IS AUTHORIZED BY SMA TO MODIFY THE WRITTEN TERMS OF DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY. GOVERNING LAW AND CONSENT TO JURISDICTION:
The validity, interpretation, construction, performance, enforcement, and remedies of or relating to the policies, and the rights and obligations of the parties hereunder, shall be governed by the substantive laws of the State of Arkansas (without regard to the conflict of laws, rules or statutes of any jurisdiction), and any and every legal proceeding arising out of or in connection with these policies shall be brought in the appropriate courts of the State of Arkansas, each of the parties hereby consenting to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts for this purpose. Warranty Return Conditions
- Parts warranty claim form must be completely filled out.
- Retail customer must be the original purchaser of the qualifying part.
- A copy of the retail invoice or service work order verifying proof of purchase and purchase date must accompany the Warranty Claim Form.
- SMA reserves the right to inspect the part prior to approving warranty.
- SMA assumes no responsibility for loss of time, labor, crop, or consequential damage for any warranted part.
- Submit completed Warranty Claim Form to SMA customer service. Retain all affected parts until warranty disposition is received. Notification will be provided within 30 days.